Robyn E. Brickel, M.A., LMFT
Therapist and Director of Practice
Robyn Brickel has been in private practice in the Old Town Alexandria area since 1999. She has served as consulting therapist to local medical facilities and providers, including the Montgomery General Hospital Colesville Center in Silver Spring, Maryland, and Dominion Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia.
A Connecticut native, Robyn provided therapy and counseling at a number of treatment centers, including an intensive outpatient addictions program in her home state before moving to Washington, D.C. She also worked in a private practice and directed a one-on-one mentoring program for at-risk youth.
Robyn received her Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut.
She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in Virginia and Connecticut and treats individuals (adolescents and adults), couples, families and groups. Robyn believes in the importance of continuing education and regularly seeks out continued professional training to stay current on the latest science and best practices for treatment. She has post-graduate training in Addiction and Dissociation Trauma Models of Therapy, Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Ego State Psychotherapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, and Imago Relational Therapy. Robyn has completed training as an Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist, as well as completed the Certificate Program in Advanced Trauma Treatment.
Post Licensure Education Programs
- Specialty training in Ego State Psychotherapy from the Center for Healing and Imagery
- Advanced Trauma Treatment Certification, Advanced Institute of Psychotherapy Training and Education, Inc.
- Completion of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Level I and Level II Training
- Specialty Training from the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute in the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Approach to Trauma: Levels I and 2
- Advanced (externship & core skills) training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Specialty Training in the Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT)
- Clinical Fellow Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Associate Member, Mid-Atlantic Association for Imago Relationship Therapists (MAIT)
- Full Member, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)
- Member of The American Psychological Association's Division 56: Trauma Psychology
- Member of The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- Full Member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD)
- Lifetime Member of International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Clinical Member of Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- Professional Member, National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)